A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
Sometimes, our weekends can be crazy busy. Kids baseball tournaments, weddings, showers, birthday parties, all of these events can limit the amount of time we are able to spend in the kitchen. However, that doesn’t mean it has to limit our meal prep. Those are the weekends that we keep it simple. Throw a bunch of sweet potatoes in the oven, chop up a variety of fruits, make a large salad and put that slow cooker or InstaPot to use!!
Here’s a quick and easy slow cooker recipe from Anya Kaats at AnyasEats.com. It will only take you about ten minutes to prep and then let the slow cooker do the rest. We hope you enjoy this Foodie Friday recipe!
- about 3.5 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast (I normally get mine from US Wellness Meats)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Combine spices and mix well.
- Remove any string holding your pork together.
- With your hands, rub all parts of the pork with the spice mixture – making sure to get into every crevice.
- Wrap pork tightly with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight.
- The next morning, unwrap the pork and set it in your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours and serve with barbecue sauce.