A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Casserole
Are you someone who is always on the go and finds it difficult to find time to cook a well balanced meal? Well you aren’t alone! Majority of the population lives a fast paced life and their nutrition usually takes the back burner as a result. Lucky for you I have this easy peasy breakfast recipe that takes no time at all! You pretty much throw everything in a casserole dish and let the oven do all the work. I love anything with garlic, so for this recipe I used garlic salt and garlic powder, as well as, black pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powder for my seasonings. I also forgot to purchase the green onions, but it was just as tasty without them. This item makes a great recipe to meal prep with. After I took it out of the oven, I let it cool then cut the dish into eight servings and placed them in separate containers so it would be easy to grab and go at 4:30 AM on the way to the gym. Pop it in the microwave and you’re ready to go! Partner it with your favorite fruit and you’ve got a well balanced breakfast that should hold you over until snack time.
This is what you’ll need:
- 5 oz. organic fresh spinach (4 cups packed)
- 1-2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. All purpose seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray an 8-1/2 inch by 12 inch glass or crockery casserole dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add spinach all at once, and stir just until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer spinach to the casserole dish, spreading it around so all the bottom of the dish is covered. Layer the grated cheese and sliced onions on top of the spinach.
- Beat the eggs with Spike Seasoning (or other seasoning mix) and salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. (I use only a tiny pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.) Pour the egg mixture over the spinach/cheese combination, and then use a fork to gently “stir” so the eggs, spinach, and cheese are evenly combined.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown. Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting. (The egg bake will settle down some as it cools.) Serve hot. This is good with sour cream. I also like a little Green Tabasco Sauce sprinkled on the top.
- This can be cut into individual servings to keep in the fridge and microwaved for a quick breakfast during the week. Don’t microwave longer than 1-2 minutes or the eggs can get slightly rubbery.
This recipe was found at www.kalynskitchen.com/recipe-for-spinach-and-mozzarella-egg/