A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Bison Chili with Butternut Squash
This recipe ya’ll! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! It’s the perfect fall recipe. A couple years ago, we did the Lurong Nutrition Challenge and this was one of the recipes. I’ve cooked it a few times since then, but recently cooked it again and STILL LOVE IT! Do yourself a favor and add it to next week’s meal prep. It’s red meat, so only eat it maybe twice in the week, but freeze the rest for another week! It freezes well. You can also eat it with sweet potatoes.
- 4 strips of bacon
- 16 oz ground Bison (or ground beef)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 diced jalapenos
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 14 ounce canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chopped butternut squash with 1 tbsp coconut oil in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender
- Cook the 4 strips of bacon in a pan over medium heat and cook until crispy, then set aside to cool
- Add 16 oz of bison to the pan and cook through
- Stir in onion, garlic and jalapeños and cook until onions are translucent
- Add seasonings then cook while stirring for about a minute
- Crumble bacon and add it to the mixture along with the diced tomatoes and apple cider vinegar.
- Simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve on top of the butternut squash