A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Yummy Yummy for your Tummy!! Here’s another squash recipe!! Tired of squash yet?? This one takes a little more time than most of the recipes I’ve shared, but it’s well worth it!
- 1 lb cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 green onions
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup Mild Buffalo Sauce (I suggest making your own buffalo sauce because it’s difficult to find one without crazy added ingredients)
- Optional: 1/4 cup Creamy Ranch Dressing (also suggest making your own)
- Optional: 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
To roast the squash:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Poke holes in the spaghetti squash and bake whole. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until squash is tender. Once soft, slice in half and remove seeds.
- Allow to cool slightly before using a fork to gently scrape the squash into a large bowl. Reserve the squash shells.
- While squash is roasting, cook the chicken.
To cook the chicken:
- Directions for Instant Pot: Insert rack into inner pot. Add 1 cup water or broth. Lay chicken on rack. Secure lid and select ‘Poultry’ setting and increase time to 17 minutes (19 if the breasts are really thick). At the end of the cooking time, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes then flip the vent valve and release the remaining pressure. Move chicken to a cutting board to cool slightly before shredding with two forks.
- Directions for Stovetop: Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp. coconut oil. Add chicken and ½ cup water. Once the water begins to simmer, reduce heat and cover. Cook chicken for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through. Move chicken to a cutting board to cool slightly before shredding with two forks.
To assemble the stuffed squash:
- Place squash shreds, chicken, celery, onions, peppers and Buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Spoon squash mixture into the squash shells. Return the stuffed shells back to the baking sheet and place in 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe was borrowed from https://therealfoodrds.com/buffalo-chicken-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/