A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Breakfast Taco Scramble
Mmmm…mmmmm…BREAKFAST!! I’m a breakfast lover. As a kid growing up, we didn’t eat a hot breakfast. It was usually just cereal, poptarts, toast or on fancy occasions, toaster struddles. You know, the good ole kid stuff! However, marrying Beau has turned me into a serious breakfast person! Breakfast is his favorite meal of the day. Eating a good balanced breakfast just seems to start my day the right way! I wake up extra early to cook breakfast, even on the mornings I coach the 5 am class. I wake up at 3:30 am, just so I can eat breakfast, drink my coffee and have a moment of peace to myself before dealing with those crazy 5 AMers 🙂 It sets the tone for the day.
This recipe is one that I used to cook all the time, but forgot about it until recently. It’s a great meal prep recipe. I put them in glass containers so that I can simply turn on the oven and pop it in when I wake up. It heats while I get dressed and make my coffee.
I found this recipe on the Skinny Taste website! Hope you enjoy it!
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, omit for whole30
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, or see below for homemade
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro, for topping
- salsa, for serving
For the potatoes:
- 12 1 lb baby gold or red potatoes, quartered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, season with seasoning salt and add the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a 9 x 12 or large oval casserole dish with oil.
- Add the potatoes 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper and toss.
- Bake until tender, tossing every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Spray another skillet with nonstick spray, add the eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and scramble, cook until just set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve place 3/4 cup turkey and 2/3 cup eggs in each plate or bowl, divide the potatoes and top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, scallions or cilantro and serve with salsa on the side.