Yum yum!!! This is a delicious dinner recipe! It was paired with roasted vegetables and a little jasmine rice. If you want to stay away from the grains, then simply pair it with a baked sweet potato. We borrowed this recipe from Skinny Taste, but we made a few modifications along the way.
- 12 oz top round beef, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tsp arrowroot for paleo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Slice beef into thin slices with the grain. Cut each strip across the grain about 1″ long so you have small thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of rice wine, 1 tsp arrowroot and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp liquid aminos, 1 tbsp water and 2 tsp arrowroot. Set aside.
- Heat the wok on high heat. Swirl in 2 teaspoons of the oil and add the beef spreading evenly in the wok. Cook undisturbed for 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Using a spatula, stir meat, cooking another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to wok, add peppers and onions and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Return beef to the wok, add the sauce and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 30 seconds until slightly thickened.