A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Creamy Garlic Tuscan Salmon
Heaven sent! This recipe is phenomenal! The salmon is your daily dose of healthy omegas and the creamy sauce is just plain wonderful. We borrowed this recipe from Eat Well 101. Enjoy every single bite!
- 3-4 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable broth
- 5 ounces (150g) jarred sun-dried tomato in oil, drained of oil
- 1 3/4 cups canned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. To make the creamy garlic Tuscan salmon: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once salmon filets are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, melt the butter in the remaining cooking juices leftover. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add onion and stir fry until translucent. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes so they release their flavors. Finally, pour in the vegetable broth, and allow the sauce to reduce down slightly.
3. Reduce heat to low, add the coconut milk, and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to your taste.
4. Add in the baby spinach and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow cream sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through.
5. Add the grilled salmon filets back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet. Serve the creamy garlic Tuscan salmon over steamed veg or cauliflower rice or quinoa! Enjoy!