It’s the season for KALE!! I love cooking and eating greens. This is a great recipe if you want to take advantage of fresh kale this winter. I would suggest reducing the bacon and/or avocado and adding in an extra egg white or two. This will help balance the meal a little better than a fat overload. It’s listed as a breakfast recipe, but you can definitely eat it at anytime of the day! We borrowed this recipe from Skinnytaste.com.
- 3 cups shredded Lacinto kale, no stems
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 4 strips cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Massage with your hands for about 3 minutes, until the kale softens.
- Cook eggs to desired likeness, I prefer them soft boiled.
- Divide the kale between two bowls, top with bacon, tomatoes, avocado and egg.
- Finish with pinch of salt and pepper.