A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
It’s the season for KALE!! I love cooking and eating greens. This is a great recipe if you want to take advantage of fresh kale this winter. I would suggest reducing the bacon and/or avocado and adding in an extra egg white or two. This will help balance the meal a little better than a fat overload. It’s listed as a breakfast recipe, but you can definitely eat it at anytime of the day! We borrowed this recipe from Skinnytaste.com.
- 3 cups shredded Lacinto kale, no stems
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 4 strips cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces sliced avocado
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- In a bowl combine the kale, olive oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Massage with your hands for about 3 minutes, until the kale softens.
- Cook eggs to desired likeness, I prefer them soft boiled.
- Divide the kale between two bowls, top with bacon, tomatoes, avocado and egg.
- Finish with pinch of salt and pepper.