For your Omega 3 dose of the day! COD! Quick and super easy to bake!
We borrowed this recipe from Dinner Planner.
- 1-1/2 lb. fresh cod
- 1 small lemon
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with olive oil. If you prefer, use a 9 x 12-inch baking dish lightly greased with olive oil or a good nonstick spray.
- Lay fish on baking dish and squeeze with a small amount of lemon.
- In a small dish, mix olive oil and garlic. Microwave for about 30 seconds to blend flavors. Brush oil mixture over both sides of the fish.
- Lightly salt & pepper both sides of the fish.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the Parmesan cheese over the top of the fish. Layer the tomatoes on top of the fish, and again, lightly salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese over the tomatoes and bake in hot oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Fish will easily flake apart with a fork when finished cooking.