A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Turkey Hash with Squash and Peppers
Breakfast. Breakfast for snack. Breakfast for lunch. Breakfast anytime of the day. Throw an egg on top of this and enjoy! We borrowed this recipe from Our Salty Kitchen.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, diced to 1/2″
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, diced to 1/2″
- 1 yellow squash, diced to 1/2″
- 1 bell pepper, diced to 1/2″
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat a 12″ skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onion and saute, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the turkey to the onions and garlic, along with the herbs, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until the turkey is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Push the turkey/onion mixture to the edges of the pan and add 1 tsp oil to the center of the pan. Add the zucchini and squash to the oil, and saute, stirring frequently, until the squash is tender but still retains a bite, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Continue to saute the hash, stirring frequently, for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the bell pepper is just barely cooked.
- Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Divide the hash between 4 plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Wipe out the pan, add the last two tsp avocado oil, and heat until shimmering. Crack four eggs into the pan, one at a time, and fry until the whites are set, 3-4 minutes. Top each plate of hash with a fried egg and serve immediately.
About The Author
oleglorycrossfit CrossFit Level 1 Trainer