Admit it…the name turns you off? It kind of did for me to, but I found myself with six turnips because lazy ole me had groceries delivered and they brought the wrong item. I guess beggers can’t be choosers, right? So I needed to find something to make with 6 turnips. This recipe surprised me and actually came out wonderful! I dare you to try it! It’s only downfall…took a while to chop the vegetables! Oh and I traded the eggs for some grilled SHRIMP! We borrowed this recipe from The Roasted Root!
- 2 large turnips peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large crown broccoli chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 3 large eggs scrambled
- 3 green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Wash and peel the turnips. Chop them into 6 to 8 large chunks and place them in a food processor. Pulse until rice-sized pieces form. Note: You may need to stop the food processor a couple times to scrape the sides and continue processing.
- Add all ingredients except the eggs, green onion, and sesame seeds to a large wok or skillet. Heat over medium-high and saute until much of the liquid has burned off and the turnip rice begins to stick to the pan, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos and stir well.. Toss in scrambled eggs, chopped green onion, and sesame seeds. Serve alongside your favorite entree.