A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Instant Pot Pork Ramen
So I must admit that majority of the recipes that I post here, I’ve tried, but this one I have not! Mainly due to the fact that I don’t have an air fryer. I plan to buy one soon because everyone raves about them! If you have one and want to give it a go…do it!! And save me a bowl 🙂 We borrowed this recipe from Paleo OMG.
- 1 batch Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5lbs pork shoulder blade, boneless (or other pork roast), cubed
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shitake mushrooms
- 32 ounces beef bone broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- a couple hefty pinches of salt
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 2 bok choy, pulled away from stem
- 4 eggs
- green onions, thinly sliced
- cilantro, torn
- Make Crispy Air Fryer Pork Belly. This is totally optional.
- Place the basin in the 8 quart instant pot then press the sauté button on high. Add sesame oil then place the cubed pork in the basin to cook on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side, until browned. Remove pork from pan and set aside. Add onions and cook down for 10 minutes, until caramelized. Press cancel. Add pork back in along with mushrooms, broth, garlic, coconut aminos, sriracha, coconut vinegar, lime juice, ginger, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and lots of salt. Mix to combined.
- Secure lid then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 30 minutes. Once time is up, let the pressure release on its own for 10 minutes, then release any extra pressure and remove lid.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve then place the strained liquid back in the basin. This is the perfect time to taste the broth and add any extra salt, sriracha and/or red pepper flakes. The coconut aminos along with the onions can make the broth a tad sweet so add whatever you need for your taste.
- Add carrots, bok choy and eggs to the liquid, secure lid, then press manual to high pressure and set time at 3 minutes. While the eggs cook, make a bowl filled with ice water. Once time is up, quick release the pressure then remove the eggs and place directly into the ice water to stop the cooking.
- Last but not least, remove the pork from the mesh sieve (discard onions and mushrooms unless you would like that in your ramen), break pork apart with forks, and place in the air fryer to cook for 10 minutes, until crispy. This can also be done in the pan or in the oven under the broiler.
- Then all you have to do is build your ramen – ladle broth with veggies into a bowl. Top broth with crispy pork belly and shredded pork, peel the eggs and cut in half, then top it all with green onions and cilantro!