Another WIN from Fit Paleo Mom. Here’s a perfect side for basically any dish. It’s jam packed with healthier carbs and a little extra fat so be sure to scale the fat back on the other menu items. Enjoy!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
1. Once your potatoes are cubed, boil them on the stovetop for 20 minutes.
2. After they are boiled, drain them and let them dry.
3. Next toss them in olive oil and salt and pepper and bake them at 400 for 40 minutes
4. While potatoes are baking heat a skillet on high heat and cook bacon. Cook until crisp. Once bacon is cooked remove bacon and place on a towel lined plate.
5. Now add sliced onion and garlic to the left over bacon grease and cook until onion is soft.
6. Once onions are cooked, remove from heat and add honey and white wine vinegar.
7. Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl. Add onion mixture and bacon. Finally add green onion.
8. Serve at room temperature.