A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Maryland Crab Soup
Since I’m currently in the northeast, I figured I needed to share a recipe from here!! Made this soup this week and it’s delicious! It’s a Seafood version of vegetable soup! I’ve seen the recipe on multiple facebook posts around here and decided to give it a try. We headed to the fish market a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed shopping off of the boats!! I borrowed this recipe from Mary’s Whole Life. P.S. The picture is from our fish market excursion!
- 1 lb fresh lump crab meat
- 4 cups beef broth. Make sure to check labels for sugar, colorings, additives, etc.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1.5 tbsp Primal Palate New Bae seasoning + more if you like heat! You can also use Old Bay (I used Ole Bay because when you’re in the northeast you do it their way! But you could try any type of cajun seasoning you want!)
- 1 tsp ground mustard this is a powder and can be found in the seasoning aisle!
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients (except crab) into a large stock pot and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the crab meat, cover, and simmer on medium low for 1 – 1.5 hours. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add all of the ingredients except for crab meat into the Instant Pot. Lock the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Manually release the pressure. Remove lid and turn to “saute” mode. Add the crab meat and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the crab is warmed through. Serve and enjoy!