A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Here’s a great meal protein or snack for on the go! It’s easier than your traditional slice of meatloaf. Throw it in a ziploc bag and go! We borrowed this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and extra for greasing the muffin tin if not using muffin liners
- ¾ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely diced button mushrooms
- ½ cup finely diced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup carrot juice
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil or line with parchment muffin liners.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions, mushrooms and peppers for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the vegetables to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, the reserved sautéed vegetables, eggs, thyme and garlic powder. Stir in half of the tomato mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the greased muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking, combine the remaining tomato mixture, carrot juice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a quick boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the muffins are removed from the oven.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and spoon or brush the sauce on each muffin. Place the muffins back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Allow the muffins to stand for about 5 minutes before eating.
About The Author
oleglorycrossfit CrossFit Level 1 Trainer