A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Paleo Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
You ever just wanted to go CaveWOMAN!?! Well, if you don’t want to, be thankful that GoingCavewoman has and provided us with this amazing recipe! This is a full meal in one sheet pan. I like to add frozen green beans to the mix for my veggies.
- Free Range Chicken
- Vegetables for Roasting – Fingerling Potatoes, Carrots, Onion, Beet
- Oil – Coconut or Nut
- Ghee or Butter
- Sprigs Rosemary/Thyme
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Peel vegetables and place on a baking tray.
- Clean the chicken and with a sharp knife, slice the skin away from the breast muscle from the open end of the bird and slide some butter or ghee, some rosemary sprig and garlic cloves and under the skin.
- Place the bird on the baking tray, squeeze lemon over it and put the lemon into the cavity. Season the bird and vegetables with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Place Rosemary sprig on top of the bird.
- Pour a little more oil over the bird. Add 2 cups water to the pan and put bay leaves in the water.
- Cover the bird with foil and cook for 50 minutes on 500F. Take off the foil and cook for another 10 minutes until golden. Let bird sit for 10 minutes. Make sure the bird is fully cooked before serving.
About The Author
oleglorycrossfit CrossFit Level 1 Trainer