A family focused facility, providing the optimal environment for common people with common goals to achieve extraordinary success. Offering fitness and nutritional coaching to maximize your results.
Tuna and Sweet Potato Casserole
If you’re looking for a cheap and easy meal prep option, we have just the one for you. I’m a big tuna lover. Mainly because it’s quick and easy, but also because it’s cheap. I was a little worried about this casserole tasting overly “fishy”, but to my surprise it did not. I would definitely make it again and probably will soon! However, beware when ordering carrots from instacart…if you want only four…you may end up with four bags 🙂
We borrowed this recipe from Paleo Grubs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce each) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the celery and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 7-8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the sweet potato noodles and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are soft.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the arrowroot flour and stir until golden.
- Slowly pour in the milk and soup. Whisk until combine.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking frequently, until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the tuna and sweet potato -mushroom mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the crust is golden.